Disclaimer & Privacy statement Dirkzwager advocaten & notarissen
Scope of application
The Disclaimer and Privacy Statement are applicable to (the use of) all Dirkzwager advocaten & notarissen NV’s external (promotional) texts and statements (‘Dirkzwager’), including texts and statements via:
- the websites managed by Dirkzwager, hereinafter jointly and individually referred to as the ‘Website’),
- the electronic newsletters sent out by Dirkzwager (hereinafter referred to as the ‘Newsletter’);
- the mobile phone application managed by Dirkzwager (hereinafter referred to as the ‘App’);
- the company magazine, Samenspraak (hereinafter referred to as ‘Samenspraak’). Hereinafter jointly referred to as: the ‘Dirkzwager Texts and Statements’.
General information on Dirkzwager and / or pertaining to legal- or other topics, is shared via the Dirkzwager Texts and Statements. If and insofar as the Dirkzwager Texts and Statements pertain to legal topics, the information provided will not serve as legal advice for specific situations. The relevant information has been compiled with due care, however, we cannot guarantee the accuracy and completeness. Dirkzwager accepts no liability whatsoever for inaccuracies or incompleteness of the information provided. References via the Dirkzwager Texts and Statements, to sites and other external sources that are not managed by us, have been included purely as additional information for the visitor. Although Dirkzwager is extremely selective with respect to the external sources to which reference is made, we cannot guarantee the content and performance thereof, nor can we guarantee the quality of possible products and / or services offered via such sources. The recipient / user of the relevant Dirkzwager Texts and Statements is not allowed to reproduce, distribute or hand out the texts or statements, or make make the texts or statements available to third parties in exchange for payment, without Dirkzwager’s prior written permission.
- General: The Dirkzwager Texts and Statements belong to and are managed by Dirkzwager. Dirkzwager respects your privacy and will ensure that the personal information provided by you will be treated with confidentiality and used in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act.
- Processing of personal data: Personal data includes any information that can be used to identify you. Dirkzwager differentiates between (1) personal information provided to us by you, and (2) personal information which – for technical reasons – is automatically transferred to us. Personal information provided actively by you includes your name, contact details, preferences and other information provided to us by you (during a registration procedure or during contact with your lawyer or notary, etc.). In addition, when you visit the Website or use the App, some technical details will automatically be supplied to our computers via your device, like the IP address, the operating system, the internet browser used and (in certain cases) the last web page that you visited.
- Processing goals: The personal data processed by Dirkzwager in the context of the Dirkzwager Texts and Statements is used exclusively for the following purposes:
- to perform the services offered (like sending out information via the App, based on your preferences, publishing comments and responses from you that were provided specifically with a view to publication, etc.);
- to contact you;
- to inform you about new products and / or services offered by Dirkzwager (whether or not aimed at the fields of interest flagged by you);
- to analyse and improve Dirkzwager’s services (including the measurement and analysis of statistical data on the use of the Dirkzwager Texts and Statements);
- to conduct market research for Dirkzwager
Processing your personal data in any other way will only occur if you have given Dirkzwager your unambiguous permission for such additional processing. This permission may be evident from a question that you sent to Dirkzwager, via email or otherwise.
- The Newsletter: The Newsletter is sent out to all Newsletter subscribers. The subscriber database consists of two groups: (1) persons who have registered via the Website, and (2) Dirkzwager’s existing clients. Registration via the Website takes place through a so-called double opt-in process, in other words, you are only registered as a subscriber when you follow the email instructions after registration via the Website. This guarantees that only those with access to the relevant mailbox can subscribe to the Newsletter. It is also possible, as one of Dirkzwager’s existing clients, to be added to the subscriber database at the request of a legal expert or another employee. In this case, you will receive a notification. The relevant notification will contain a hyperlink, which you can use to unsubscribe in one click if you are not interested in receiving the Newsletter. In addition, a hyperlink is included at the bottom of each Newsletter, making it easy to unsubscribe from the Newsletter.
- The App: As with the Website, the App also provides general information on several legal topics, amongst other things. However, the App offers a few additional functionalities compared to the Website. You must register one-off to be able to use these extra functionalities. The personal data provided by you at the time of registration will be processed in accordance with the purposes described in paragraph 3 of the Privacy Statement. Once registered, you can use the App to:
- easily filter information, based on your personal preferences, so that you will only receive information on the topics that interest you;
- respond to (comment on) the information offered via the App and share your response (comments) with other App users;
- easily share the information offered via the App, with third parties;
Your settings / preferences made via the App will be stored on our server. You can change this information at any time, via the App.
By using the App, you consent to the processing of this information.
Possible responses / comments, submitted via the App, will be stored on Dirkzwager’s computers. Please refer to paragraph 2 and 3 of the Privacy Statement, in connection with the other forms of processing of personal data associated with the use of the App (like statistical data on the use of the App).
- Amendments: The Privacy Statement may be amended from time to time. Such amendments will be announced in the Dirkzwager Texts and Statements. Dirkzwager may opt to process your personal data for new purposes not yet disclosed in the Privacy Statement. In that case, we will contact you before using the information for these new purposes, to inform you of the changes to our policy on the protection of personal data and to present you with the opportunity to refuse use of your information for the relevant purposes.
- Questions and your right to inspect and request corrections: Please feel free to contact the Marketing and Communication department on telephone number +31 (0)26 – 353 83 26 or by email on email@example.com if you have questions concerning the processing of your personal information, by Dirkzwager, or if you would like to inspect the information or would like to request a correction to your personal data.